Saturday, June 27, 2015

Switzerland

Hello Blog!
Now if you follow my Instagram you would have know that Lucerne, Switzerland was the most incredible place I have ever been to. It was absolutely stunning. I loved the weather since it was a big cooler and it was also defiantly not as crowded as the other places we went to. Switzerland was in the middle of the trip so it was like a great break from the hustle and bustle of the other places where we were strictly scheduled. Lake Lucerne was gorgeous during the day and at night. I really wished we could have taken a boat out, but we didn't have the time to do so. When we first arrived, we had some free time to shop or just walk around. After being in a bus for abound six hours all I really wanted to do was to walk around by myself for a while. After wandering around I found a nice bench where I sat next to an old man and just looked over the water. There was a musician playing on the street corner and as I  am looking back my video I had of him has been deleted :/ but I really wish I would have bought one of his CD's. The hotel we stayed at was super nice! My sister and I slept with the windows open since it was a nice night and the beds were incredibly conformable! The mattress and pillows were made from down feathers and you just sunk into the bed without it being too soft. I'm wanting to go back to sleep  in them now! But the food at the hotel was also good and it filled you up like a home cooked meal. As you can tell I loved Switzerland. But if you are ever there you need to take a cable car up to the top of a mountain. I promise, it is life changing. Once you reach the top you look out and realize your on top of the world. We were above the clouds and it was amazing. I sat on a bench for a bit mainly to take in the view, but also the higher altitude was messing with my breathing. But I will let the photos speak for themselves. It was a sad day when we had to leave Switzerland, but I can promise I WILL BE BACK!!
Enjoy the photos.
Love,
Bailey xx
Yeah we needed to get out of the bus...

Here is the mountain we went to the top of

Breakfast on the Mountain... Super healthy right?

View from one of the benches I sat at

Some Backpackers I walked behind

Beautiful Streets and Doors

Pano on top of the Mountain

Fountain I passed by

Mountain View

Beautiful Swans


Why are their cows so pretty?!?!?!

Beautiful Streets Again


The Mountain was just incredible

The Lion Statue of Lucerne for the Fallen Swiss Guards


Very neat wood piles

Even in Switzerland


A small cafe



Again the cows were prettier than I was

Train down from the Mountain's cable car




So we had a beautiful conductor for our train... I made sure for the ride down to sit next to him! He was actually great to talk to about the area and Switzerland itself. Also he had a beautiful voice. 
What a great view

I decided I will marry a swiss... or Ed Sheeran whoever comes up first.



Majestic Swans

They were even beautiful


No comments:

Post a Comment